The Gallagher Group is committed to ensuring all our staff receive appropriate, regular training. We provide:
- Statutory training - all site employees are required to fully comply with and acquire CPCS/CSCS qualifications. We ensure that sufficient staff are trained in first aid and have attained appropriate health and safety qualifications. All Contracts Managers hold SMSTS qualification for site safety.
- Professional training - we help our staff reach their potential and achieve their goals through vocational and professional qualifications, e.g. courses in construction and business management.
- Personal development - staff are encouraged to grasp opportunities that improve management and technical skills, health and safety and environmental expertise.
- Specific for the role - we provide IT training relevant to the individual's role, e.g. Excel, Word Advanced, Project, AutoCad etc.
Skills training for site and heavy plant workers:
- Confined space
- Abrasive wheels
- Forward tipping dumpers
- Ride on rollers
- CAT & Genny - Cable avoidance tool.
We do not underestimate the value of "on the job" training and learning from the experience of others. Our people are provided with the opportunity to move between different parts of Gallagher if there is a job to be done and they have the aptitude and energy to grasp the opportunity.