The new Next Home & Fashion concept store at Eclipse Park, Maidstone is one of around 20 across the UK. Offering homewares, DIY products and fashion in a state-of-the-art setting, the new store is a fitting addition to Eclipse Park, Maidstone’s newest mixed office and retail campus, close to Junction 7 of the M20. The new store, which totals 40,000 ft2 over three floors, represents a major investment into the town and created 180 new jobs.
Gallagher Ltd was appointed as principal contractor on this prestigious project. Like the nearby M&S store that we also constructed, the store was built to a high specification incorporating a mix of brickwork, curtain walling, limestone cladding and traditional Kentish Ragstone, which we supplied from our Hermitage Quarry. All aggregates and concrete were supplied by Gallagher Aggregates Ltd.
- The key elements of the works were:
- Forming the new site levels for the building and car parking areas.
- SUDs drainage and service installations.
- Boundary retaining walls.
- Foundations for the new building, steel frame, roofing and cladding.
- Internal floor slab.
- External yard area and car parking.