Gallagher Limited was engaged by RG Group to undertake the specialist groundworks package for a new Daimler Mercedes dealership at Dartford, Kent. Situated directly opposite the ‘Kent’ side of the Dartford crossing, the new showroom building incorporated state-of-the-art design and high-specification materials and finishes to create a fitting showcase for Mercedes in this prime location.
The groundworks package included:
- Substantial cut-and-fill activity using suitable site-won materials to landscape, accommodate and enhance the development site within its surrounding environment.
- Addressing significant contamination issues involving risk-specific provisions.
- High-tolerance power-float ground floor slab for large-scale open-plan tiled showroom and servicing depot area.
- Developing and designing bespoke temporary lifting and frame works to install 2.5m deep prefabricated steel cassettes cast within the ground floor slab to house mechanical equipment for a vehicle lift.
- Complex internal ducting works within ground floor slab for highly sophisticated mechanical and electrical installations.
- 12,000m2 of bespoke external works conforming to Daimler Mercedes brand guidelines.