The Gallagher Group have built an enviable reputation as one of the South East’s premier quarrying, groundworks, civil engineering and property development businesses. We deliver our services to exceptionally high standards, and are committed to benefit the communities we serve and the environment in which we live.
Our integrated, in-house teams work together to help us provide a unique and superior service which adds significant commercial benefits to our numerous clients in both the public and private sector.
We have an exciting vacancy for an External Sales Representative based in our Hermitage Quarry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for increasing our sales of ready mixed concrete, aggregates and muck away in Kent. This will involve developing relationships with customers and potential customers, identifying new sites and using marketing / social media innovation to broaden our customer base, chasing down every opportunity to grow our business.
All applicants must:
- To believe in and uphold our company values.
- Reasonable computer experience, especially in MS Office
- Experience within sales industry is an advantage but training will be provided
- Educated to minimum of GCSE level
- Willing to work within a team but motivated to work on own initiative when visiting customer sites
- Be able to provide Right to Work in the UK documentation
- Providing the service of aggregates, concrete, Gallapave, Gallaflo and grabs to our customers and sales colleagues
- Developing key personal relationships with decision makers in contractors, groundworkers, aggregate merchants and muck away contractors in Kent to win new business
- Working closely within the commercial team on a day-to-day basis, to maximise sales leads, customer engagement opportunities in winning new work
- Working with Commercial Director to identify other incremental sales opportunities (new products / services) where opportunities exist
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the management team
- Respond to customer enquiries and complaints
- Pricing and securing contracts
- Keep the tender and site files updated
- Review and follow up on sales / tenders and planning leads
- Market research
- Account management
- Fulfilling customer requirements
- Other duties in line with business plan of maximizing sales and profit opportunities
- Any other duties required by the line manager
- Life insurance
- Pension – Auto enrolment after 3 months service
- Wellness programmes
- On-site parking
- Various company events