Canterbury Cathedral in Canterbury, Kent, is one of the oldest and most famous Christian structures in England and forms part of a World Heritage Site. It is the cathedral of the Archbishop of Canterbury, leader of the Church of England and symbolic leader of the worldwide Anglican Communion. Founded in 597, the cathedral was completely rebuilt from 1070 to 1077.
Gallagher’s Kentish Ragstone has been used on restoration and conservation projects within the cathedral and its grounds. As Gallagher is the only source of new Dressed Kentish Ragstone and with its modern production facility having the capability to provide quality Dressed Kentish Ragstone, Gallagher will be continuing to supply the cathedral with Kentish Ragstone for all future restoration and conservation requirements.
Head Office address:
Gallagher Group, Leitrim House, Little Preston
Aylesford, Kent ME20 7NS
Gallagher Aggregates Ltd., Hermitage Quarry
Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent ME16 9NT