Gallagher Aggregates Ltd is the largest crushed rock operator in the South East of England with associated activities in Ready Mixed Concrete, Recycling and Inert Landfill.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will join the aggregates senior management team based at Hermitage Quarry and take full P & L responsibility for the entire HGV fleet and of tippers, mixer trucks and grabs lorries from its new HGV centre at Hermitage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Profit and loss responsibility for the transport function through close control of income, expenditure, availability and productivity of the fleet.
- Working with the team in maintaining our license to operate by ensuring the fleet complies to all statutory legal compliance as well as adhering to company policy.
- Ensuring all vehicles are repaired and maintained in accordance with manufacturers specifications and working closely with our supply chain to ensure that we have the minimum amount of downtime whilst providing best value.
- Responsibility for the Health and Safety of all people within the transport function in accordance with company policy and industry best practice.
- Maintain and deliver ongoing training and development of self and staff to ensure a high quality of operational compliance.
- Recruitment of suitable driving personnel, ensuring that the fleet is fully functional at all times.
- Working closely with the senior team in contributing to the overall development and success of the wider Aggregates business.
- Continually maintaining and improving the Gallagher brand by close attention to the appearance and housekeeping of all vehicles and drivers.
- Dealing with any driving related complaints and acting quickly to ensure that the good reputation of the business is maintained at a high level.
- Develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and exploring opportunities where the company can improve its product and service offering.
- Work very closely with the commercial department in ensuring that our customers receive the high level of service that they have been accustomed to, whilst balancing and paying close attention to ‘cost to serve’.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work within a successful and highly motivated team in a business that continues to invest in its long term growth and sustainability.
CVs are to be sent in the first instance to email@example.com.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.