Gallagher is Kent’s premier building, civil engineering, quarrying and property business, with an enviable reputation for doing things properly and getting things done, while still caring about the local community and environment.
From its beginnings as a civil engineering and groundworks contractor, the Gallagher Group has grown over the last 45 years to have an unrivalled reputation for offering the best in civil engineering, design & build building, property development, and quarrying.
We now have an exciting vacancy within our IT Department to support the changing needs of our ever-growing business, which is now some 150 users.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic person to join our current IT team undertaking day to day IT support activities covering the service to our Head Office, our Quarry location and our site operations teams via Internet based VPN connectivity.
The infrastructure is a VMware virtualised platform running mainly Microsoft technologies (e.g. Server 2008 R2, Exchange 365 etc.) on modern HP server hardware. End user desktops and laptops are predominantly HP running Windows 10.
You should already be involved in a service-oriented IT support function and be competent in 1st and 2nd line support across the range of MS technologies and be looking for an exciting opportunity to further develop and demonstrate your service management and technical skills.
The successful IT Support Analyst will need a natural ability to fault find Software and Hardware issues and be able to build and configure IT equipment. You must also have excellent communication skills and the ability to resolve difficult problems for remote staff in a pleasant manner.
PRIMARY DUTIES/ TASKS
You will provide support across desktop, laptop, tablet and server platforms, application software (including MS Office), desk phones and mobiles. You will need to have a high level of technical / problem solving ability as well as strong interpersonal and customer care skills.
Responsibilities will include :
- Providing Technical support for office-based staff and our site-based users via phone, remote session and desk side
- Escalating to internal and external teams, where required and managing this through to resolution within SLA’s
- Ensuring the smooth operation of IT systems (Exchange 365, Spice works, Mimecast, Symantec, Webroot, Websense)
- Providing support to Specialist systems (Opera 3, CIS, Causeway, MCS, Weighsoft, Command Alkon, AutoCAD, Leica, BlueBeam, Asta PowerProject)
- Providing support to all Network Infrastructure (Cisco ASA, Cisco VPN, HP Procurve & Netgear Switches, Ubiquiti Wireless systems)
- Responding to and logging helpdesk enquiries in a timely manner, categorizing and prioritising them in line with team procedures
- Assisting with the provision of mobile phones and associated accessories
- Completion of PC, laptop and tablet setup and maintenance
- Setting up and maintaining site printers and 4G routers
- Active directory account management (starters/leavers)
- Server maintenance and administration (Win 2016)
- Providing technical support to projects as needed
- Assist with the development of Notes and Procedures
- Assist with running weekly and monthly Reports
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Proven track record working within an IT department in a technical role
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and resolve support issues in a timely manner, whilst managing stakeholders’ expectations
- Good working knowledge of MS Server OS (2016), MS Windows Desktop OS (7 and 10) and MS Office 365 products
- Good knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Confident in dealing with all levels of users appropriately
- You must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to resolve difficult problems for remote staff in a pleasant manner
- Can do attitude
- Be proactive and possess a continuous improvement mentality
- Full Driving (Manual) Licence required as there will be a need to travel to client sites
- Flexibility - Some early morning starts, late finishes and weekend work may be required
- A 40-hour working week currently Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm (1-hour lunch).
- From time to time the job holder will be required to work ‘outside of business hours’ and some weekend working may be required in order to complete tasks that cannot intrude on normal office hours
- Starting salary is dependent upon knowledge and experience within a similar role. Salary will be in line with similar industry standards
- A discretionary bonus scheme which will reflect your performance and the performance of the Group
Please send CV to IT-Recruitment@gallagher-group.co.uk
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES