Gallagher is Kent’s premier building, civil engineering, quarrying and property business, with an enviable reputation for doing things properly and getting things done, while still caring about the local community and environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to work within our IT department to support the changing needs of our ever-growing business, which is now some 170 users. The successful candidate will provide support across desktop, laptop and tablet platforms, application software (including MS Office), desk phones and mobiles.
- Starting salary negotiable dependent on knowledge and experience within a similar role, and in line with industry standards.
- 40-hour working week, Monday - Friday, 08:00 to 17:00 with 1hr lunch. Some flexibility is required to cover the office between 07:00 and 18:00.
- Occasional ‘outside of business hours’ and some weekend working may be required to complete tasks that cannot intrude on normal office hours.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Responding to and logging helpdesk enquiries in a timely manner and provide fixes for our desktop / laptop hardware and software applications.
- Providing 1st line technical support for office and site-based users, escalating where required.
- Completion of PC, laptop, tablet and mobile phone setup and maintenance.
- Setting up and maintaining site printers and 4G routers.
- Ensuring departmental records are kept up to date.
- IT procurement.
- Analyse historical issues to find potential problems, solutions, or better ways of working and produce reporting.
All candidates must:
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills and have the ability to interpret and document user requirements efficiently.
- Have a natural ability to fault-find PC software/hardware issues and be able to build and configure IT equipment.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to resolve difficult problems for remote staff in a pleasant manner.
- Have a high level of technical / problem solving ability as well as interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Our end user desktops and laptops are predominantly HP, running Windows 10 and Office 365 as a standard so a working knowledge of MS Windows Desktop OS and MS Office products is essential.
- CompTIA A+ or equivalents.
- Demonstrable customer service-oriented skills.
Benefits including: Free Car Parking, Employee Wellbeing Programme, Pension & Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme.
Applicants must be over 18 years old and hold a valid full driving licence, have a minimum of 4 GCSEs including English and Math’s at Grade C or above and be willing to learn, hard-working and enthusiastic.
You also must be able to provide your proof of ‘Right to Work in UK documents’ prior to start.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email to this link: email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES