Area of responsibility: Senior leadership of all management /supervision across the companies aggregate and concrete manufacturing locations.
Reporting to: Managing Director
The successful candidate will be required to manage and direct all line managers and supervisors in operational matters relating to the aggregates business, ensuring the business continues its drive for product development and innovation whilst controlling costs and striving for a zero-injury workplace. To ensure that goals and objectives are set and agreed targets met for the most efficient recovery of mineral and productivity of Ready-mixed concrete in a timely manner and to develop a long-term operational model for the future.
- Ensuring that the business operates within the Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures issued by the company and statutory authorities.
- Maintain high degree of communication with statutory authorities to maintain and enhance our license to operate.
- To work closely with the commercial department to ensure products and outputs are maintained and available for market.
- To project manage the quarry’s development in extraction, filling and restoration in line with planning and permit requirements.
- Ensuring that there is sufficient maintenance capability and advanced planning to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- To continually review training requirements of operational staff to meet statutory competency levels as well as improving operational skills.
- Maintain a high level of personal professional development in line with the role and industry in which we operate.
- Develop and maintain good quality relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, review and procure all replacement asset requirements including, plant and machinery, consumables and fuel in line with purchasing policy and budgets.
- Develop a range of analytics and action plans to drive efficiencies in production.
- Ensure the quality control of products and services meet customer expectation and relevant standards.
- Oversee and lead the development and installation of new fixed plant and facilities.
- Work closely with the wider Gallagher estate to ensure high standards of appearance and housekeeping.
- To liaise and work as a close team within the aggregates board to meet and exceed business objectives and budgets.
- Arrange and attend meetings to ensure managers and supervisors are focused on delivering pre agreed business plans.
- Assume a high profile in the area of visible felt leadership and maintain high standards at all times.
The above responsibilities are not exhaustive, but as a new role within the current senior management structure the roles and responsibilities will continue to develop over time. Personal attributes will include excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to deliver projects successfully and to manage change as well as the ability to set high standards through passion, drive and motivation of the teams.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES