Walnuts Centre, Orpington
Gallagher Limited worked for Miller Construction on the construction of a new mixed use development, adjacent to the existing Walnuts Centre car park and shopping centre. The development comprises of three restaurants, four large retail units and a new seven screen multiplex cinema.
The works required careful and considerate planning as the site overlooks public areas, shops, businesses and a multi storey car park.
The scope of Gallagher’s works comprised:
- Enabling works and tree clearance
- Reduced level excavation and cut and fill earthworks
- FW and SW drainage (including attenuation tank)
- Construction of substructure foundations, lift pits and cores
- Construction of PQ RC service-yard
- Import, place and compact 6F2 and type 1 to service-yard areas and external works
- Installation of PCC kerbs, edgings and channels
- Installation of street furniture
- Hard landscaping paving
- S50 works.
In addition, Gallagher Aggregates Ltd supplied aggregate and took muck away to its landfill site at Hermitage Quarry.