Tesco in Bicester
Gallagher is undertaking the groundworks and external works for a new 90,000 sq ft store at Oxford Road, Bicester on behalf of ISG.
Once the new store is built; the existing store in Bicester village will be demolished, making way for a further 28 new shops and 519 car parking spaces.
The new store is on ground level, and will accessed by a new, purpose-built S38 access road which will also open up the surrounding land for future development.
Gallagher’s contract includes:
- Construction of RC foundations and ground beams
- Construction of lift pits, cores and retaining walls
- FW and SW drainage (including interceptors)
- Three attenuation tanks with a combined volume of 1,390m3
- Importing, placing and compacting Type 1 fill materials to car park
- Importing, placing and compacting Capping and Type 1 to service yard
- Installation of PCC kerbs, edgings and channels
- Installation of street furniture
- Installation of hard landscape paving
- Construction of PQ RC service yard and recycling areas
- Tarmacadam surfacing to car park and external areas (643 car parking spaces)
This contract demonstrates how Gallagher’s geographical reach is extending beyond Kent to as far as Oxfordshire, for the right client and the right contract.