Sainsbury's in Herne Bay
Gallagher is undertaking the groundworks and external works for a new 100,000 sq ft store at Altira park, Herne Bay, Kent on behalf of Bowmer & Kirkland.
The new store is at ground level and will be accessed by a new purpose built S38 access road which will serve both the new Sainsbury’s store and a separate mixed development of retail and industrial units.
Gallagher’s contract includes:
- CFA piling attendance
- Pile break-down and preparation of pile heads
- Construction of RC foundations and ground beams
- Construction of Lift pits, cores and retaining walls
- FW and SW drainage, including RWHT and interceptors
- Importing, placing and compacting Type 1 fill materials to 14,000m2 car park
- Importing, placing and compacting Capping and Type 1 to service yard
- Installation of PCC kerbs, edgings and channels
- Installation of street furniture
- Installation of hard landscape paving
- Construction of PQ RC service-yard and recycling areas
- Tarmacadam surfacing to car park and external areas
Aggregates are being supplied by Gallagher Aggregates Ltd.