Kings Hill, West Malling
Gallagher Contractors has been an integral part of the team at Kings Hill for over 15 years. As subcontractor to Carillion, and then directly for Liberty Property Trust Ltd, Gallagher has carried out all the infrastructure works on this significant mixed use development.
These works have included:
- Bulk muck shift
- Formation and construction of all roads, footpaths and car parks
- Extensive ground remediation works
- Cut and fill works to form landscaping bunds
- Foul and surface water drainage systems including connections to live sewers
- Construction of deep dig soakaways
- Installation of new pumping stations
- Provision of temporary site roads for other contractors / developers
- Formation of new playing fields and football pitches
- Construction of new office building at Church Hill Square
- Construction of new Waitrose store including a car park and external works
- Works to create phases 1, 2 and 3 of the central area behind ASDA and the Medical Centre involving cut and fill, drainage, ducting and external works
- Section 278 works including Gibson Drive/A228 works
- Substructures and external works for office buildings
- Crushing and screening works to produce recycled 6f1/2 and type 1 material from excavated ragstone, concrete breakout and kerbs/block paviors. This has been used by Liberty to highlight its 'recycle and reuse' ethic to its American owners.
Gallagher Aggregates Ltd has supplied thousands of tonnes of aggregate, thousands of cubic metres of ready mix concrete and provided landfill tipping for material not retained on site.
For Gallagher this is a perfect example of a long standing relationship built on trust and performance.