Aylesham Village expansion - phase 1
Gallagher Ltd was awarded the contract for the primary infrastructure works for 1200 new homes in Aylesham. This is part of the Aylesham Village expansion, a project managed by a consortium of Dover Council, Ward Homes, Barratt Homes, Persimmon Homes and Hillreed Homes.
Gallagher was selected following a scoring system covering a mix of ‘quality’ and ‘price’ with ‘quality’ being a measure of our proposed planning and organisation of the work, our team and resources. We are told Gallagher achieved the top score, hence the award of the project.
Gallagher’s contract included:
- Upgrading 400m of existing highway including new drainage and parking bays
- Constructing 700m of new adoptable highway including drainage, road to surface course, services, footpaths, street furniture and soft landscaping
- Constructing 500m of new adoptable highway to base course
- Constructing public square including feature paving, planters and landscaping for use as central sales entrance
- Construct a foul water pumping station to service the entire development
- Upgrade two existing off-site highway junctions.
- In total Gallagher constructed about one mile of highway. This contract was worth £3.5 million and lasted 29 weeks.
- Gallagher was subsequently awarded Phase 2 of the village expansion project.
Gallagher Aggregates Ltd supplied aggregates.