ASDA Chatham Waters
Gallagher was appointed by Russells to undertake the groundworks and externals for a new ASDA superstore and associated car park within the Chatham Waters development. The Chatham Waters waterfront redevelopment is located at Chatham Docks which is 1.5 km north of Gillingham Town Centre.
The construction of this 78,000 sq ft store and 404 space car park is the first phase in a £650 million mixed-use dockside regeneration project, which will comprise 950 residential units, 430,000 sq ft of offices and a hotel, along with associated infrastructure.
Gallagher’s works included:
- Enabling works
- Piling attendance
- Reduced level excavation and cut and fill earthworks
- Pile breakdown and preparation of pile heads
- FW and SW drainage (including pumping station and interceptors)
- Construction of substructure foundations, lift pits and travellators
- Construction of RC retaining walls
- Importing, placing and compacting 6F2 and type 1 to car park areas and external works
- Installation of PCC kerbs, edgings and channels
- Installation of street furniture
- Hard landscaping paving.