Works starts on new warehouse for DK Holdings in Staplehurst
Gallagher has started work on a new 28,000 sq ft warehouse for DK Holdings in Staplehurst, Kent. Once this new warehouse has been completed, work will commence on a new Sainsbury’s store for Staplehurst on the site of the existing DK Holdings warehouse.
Two existing buildings built in the 1960s will be demolished and replaced by a modern purpose built factory that will be energy efficient as well as cheaper to run. The reduction in the number of buildings will also improve logistics. The new building will be located to the south of the retained premises and would incorporate 28,000sq ft of floorspace at ground level with 35 car parking spaces.
Gallagher has been appointed by RG Group to undertake the following:
- Site clearance
- Cut & fill earthworks (soil back to Hermitage + imported fill received from Hermitage)
- Substructure foundations (concrete provided by Gallagher concrete)
- Installation of PCC ground beams
- Drainage & attenuation tank.
- BWIC services
- Hard landscaping
- Retaining walls, ramps & stairs.
- Street furniture
- S278 works
Gallagher’s works are due to be completed in March 2014.