Gallagher wins Lidl contract
Gallagher has secured an earthworks package from Lidl, as part of its construction of a new 20,000 square metre regional distribution centre in Northfleet, Kent.
Works commenced on 26th November and are proposed to be undertaken within twelve weeks.
Gallagher's works comprise:
- General site clearance.
- Large cut & fill exercise using site won & imported fill materials – 67,200m3.
- Removal of unsuitable materials off-site.
- The breaking-up of approximately 4,700m3 of reinforced concrete slabs, structures & roads and the subsequent crushing & screening on-site for re-use as a piling platform.
- Civils works for the proposed new watermain.
- Construction of piling platform & attendance to piling contractor.
- Erection of new fencing.
Gallagher will be using a variety of plant and equipment from its own extensive fleet, ranging from 21 tonne capacity 360* excavators up to 52 tonne capacity. The crushing and screening plant have been supplied from Gallagher’s own aggregates equipment at Hermitage Quarry.