New Morrisons completed in Eastbourne
Gallagher has completed work on a new Morrisons store in Eastbourne, on behalf of RG Group. This new store will be opening shortly.
This new superstore has been built on a 4.9 acre brownfield site. To maximise space, the store was built on stilts with undercroft car parking beneath it. There are also extensive external car parks and a petrol station.
Gallagher contract included:
- cut and fill earthworks
- construction of ready mixed concrete pile foundations; ground beams, retaining walls, service yard walls, dock levellers etc
- construction of extensive below ground petrol station fuel tanks
- construction of ready mixed concrete slabs for service yards, recycling areas, the first floor (sales floor), the second floor (cafeteria and offices), and a warehouse floor
- installation of FW and SW pumping stations
- extensive FW and SW drainage
- excavation for attenuation tanks
- construction of undercroft and external car parks
- S278 works
Gallagher's work on this new superstore, which was finished ahead of schedule, highlights the range of services that Gallagher is able to offer and is further evidence of Gallagher's pre-eminence in the retail sector.