Works have begun on the construction of a new 37,760 sq ft store with associated car parking for 270 cars. Gallagher are appointed to undertake assorted works including:-
• The cut and fill of bulk earthworks
• The provision and testing of working and piling platforms
• UXO probing
• Vibro compaction
• CFA piling.
• RC insitu capping beams, foundations, ground beams and slabs (ground bearing & mezzanine).
• Supply and installation of PCC retaining walls.
• Drainage and attenuation.
• Installation of services & ducting.
• S278 works to Military Road and Sir John Moore avenue.
• Car park construction – filling / tarmacadam / hard & soft finishes / street furniture.
In addition, Kentish ragstone is being supplied via the company's own quarry at Hermitage to face the sheet pile walls.
Works are due to be completed in February in line with the stores opening.